- To unite Christian cyclists from all backgrounds and denominations for an opportunity to fellowship beyond our denominational walls. How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! Psalm 133:1
- To expose each cyclist we encounter to the love and peace of Jesus Christ, so they may want to have a relationship with Him.
Cycling Saints group is meant for anyone who loves to ride (at any level) and at the same time loves to enjoy the fellowship of riding with other Christian men and women. This cycling group proves it’s not all about the bike. Whether you are an avid weekend racer, or just a lover of the bike, we have a place for you.
Cycling Saints has been riding together for over 10 years. Prior to this time, some of us have been riding together for more than 25 years. As you become part of this group, you will find that you have just peddled yourself into a very special group of people. Some are experienced cycling enthusiasts, others are novices who just want to keep healthy and do something fun. No matter what our experience level is, we all share these common bonds:
- A deep love for Jesus and the desire to gather together in unity to express God’s love on the road.
- A desire to fellowship with one another – as unique as the bikes are, so are the people riding them.
- A heart to evangelize – we endeavor to share the good news of Jesus Christ with all those who cross our path.
Required Team Gear
If you’re interested in joining our group and you don’t have any gear, contact us and we can point you in the right direction about where to go and what to get. You will need:
- Bikes: Good working, well maintained bikes. They do not have to be the newest thing out there but for safety reasons they do need to be well maintained, tuned up ready to ride.
- Helmets: Helmets are REQUIRED!
- Gloves- optional, but can help with pressure stress on hands, especially for the longer rides.
- Riding Shoes: good tennis shoes or cycling shoes.
- Water: a must to keep hydrated at all times.
- Clothing: Check weather before leaving the house and wear appropriate clothing. In Oklahoma, you would want to check the weather before riding anyway. Just saying! LOL!
- ID Required! IMPORTANT! It is a good practice to always carry a picture ID while riding. If riding on Ft. Sill range, you will need to show your valid DL to access the post.
If interested, contact our Cycling Saints Group Coordinators Dan & Gale Riffle at 580.695.4309.